On each day of Thy Kingdom Come you will be invited to say a different prayer.
These are: To Jesus, Praise, Thanks, I'm Sorry, Offer, Pray For, Help, Adore, Celebrate, Silence and Thy Kingdom Come.
To take part in Thy Kingdom Come and to receive the video prayers from international church leaders simply
- Sign Up to Pray from Ascension to Pentecost
- Use your social media to "Pray It - Picture It - Post It"
- Help create a Global Prayer Wall
- To register go http://thykingdomcome.global and sign up to receive the daily email. Each day of Thy Kingdom Come, there will be an invitation to view very short videos with prayer guidance from international and ecumenical church leaders, as well as a special video for youth.
There’s an open invitation to respond on social media using #Pledge2Pray and a hashtag for the prayer of the day.
Make sure there is a space between the tags, for example: #Pledge2Pray #ToJesus. On Facebook, go to the ThyKingdomCome page and post to the Timeline using #Pledge2Pray and the tag of the day, for example #Pledge2Pray #Celebrate.
Make sure your post is set to “public,” or we can’t see it!
- Visit: www.instagram.com/Pledge2Pray
- Visit: www.twitter.com/thykingdom_come
- Visit: www.facebook.com/ThyKingdomComeUK
If you want to get your images ready in advance, here's a list of the themes. Remember to "Pray It - Picture It - Post It" using images and phrases that resonate with #Pledge2Pray and:
- 25 May #ToJesus
- 26 May #Praise
- 27 May #Thanks
- 28 May #Sorry
- 29 May #Offer
- 30 May #PrayFor
- 31 May #Help
- 1 June #Adore
- 2 June #Celebrate
- 3 June #Silence
- 4 June #ThyKingdomCome
During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come it is hoped that everyone who participates will deepen their friendship with Jesus and come to know that every aspect of their life is the stuff of prayer.
We are grateful to the monastic community of the Society of Saint John the Evangelist who helped to develop the prayers, basing them on the seven ‘principal prayers’ as found in the Episcopal Catechism, and adding To Jesus, Celebrate, Silence and Thy Kingdom Come.