Care for those you are praying for, pray for those you are caring for
During these difficult and trying times, we believe that now more than ever, presents an incredible opportunity for the Church worldwide, to unite in prayer so that our family, friends and neighbours will come to know the love and peace of Jesus Christ for themselves. One of our Key themes for Thy Kingdom Come is prayer and care. As we are praying for those we love to come to know the hope and love of Christ we also are encouraging all to see how they can show God’s love towards them. By caring for them. Here are 5 ideas on how we can care and love those we know, even when we are socially distanced:
1. Keep up contact. Make a phone call, send an email, letter or card saying that you are praying for them at this time.
2. Keep an eye out for the anniversaries of life events. Make that phone call to let people know you care.
3. Send a small gift or book purchased on line, maybe insert life words etc.
4. Serve where you can in delivering groceries or medications.
5. Make sure the people you pray for know how much you value them by whatever means you can find.
We have also created various resource packs to be delivered to your home to help you join in with this year's Thy Kingdom Come. We have designed packs to help individuals, couples, or families. The packs include our flagship 2020 resources, our hugely popular prayer bands, prayers cards and creative activities to help you pray. These can all be found here.
Many Christians may already be caring for people during this time but not yet praying for them. Would you commit to praying for them during this time?
You can find a selection of #Prayerandcare social media images here.